Wednesday, February 14, 2007

I LOVE Microsoft Publisher! I LOVE being creative and using the capabilities Publisher offers you to create all of the different things it has! Cards, flyers, brochures, I've even used it to create business cards before! And calendars! Wow! I'm excited about using it and wish I were in a position to use it on a regular basis. Believe me, any time I need the skills this software offers I will certainly pull it out! Especially cards--they're so expensive! And you can now buy the right sized envelopes for them, so why not? I made something--a flyer--this morning to put in my portfolio and it was so fun! For awhile several years ago, I had my own business and I used it for everything and it was so cool! Even for a brochure describing my services! In the job I have now I might be able to use it every once in a while but when I become a librarian I will be able to use it all the time and I will!

Now using Word in those different ways, some of them I knew and some of them I didn't. I learned how to use the tracking last semester when I was taking my research class. It is really neat and is a great tool when you are working on a paper or book with more than one person or when you have someone proofreading for you. Using Word as a desktop publisher is very difficult. I have tried that and it isn't easy, but I will get something done.

The impact RSS and Del.icio.us had on me were minimal because I didn't understand them enough to use them. Like I've said before. The class is going at warp speed and I'm still at 70 mph. I don't know that I can make any changes to use information through these two things so as a result of these two things I don't really expect much to happen. I hate that, but I don't even hardly remember what we did, let alone how to use either one of them.

No comments: